- Alexander Wang opens new London flagship store
On the back of his massively successful collaboration with H&M, Alexander Wang has announced plans to open its first flagship store in Europe. Located in London’s affluent Mayfair neighbourhood, the store will sit alongside Dover Street Market, Asprey, Gucci, Saint Laurent and countless others, adding to the district’s image as a high-end shopping destination. The store will open sometime in early 2015
- Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty is most popular show in V&A’s history
- Rent hikes force major London fashion studios to shut up shop
A studio complex in Hackney, which houses London Fashion Week designers Lou Dalton, Jonathan Saunders and James Long, is set to close. The Trampery, on Hackney’s Mare Street, has been hit by a 400% rent increase, from £125,000 per annum to £500,000 from September. This coincides with London fashion week, and one of the busiest periods in any designer’s schedule.
- Topshop ditches unrealistically thin mannequin after slating from customer
Topshop has said it is halting new orders of an unrealistically tall and thin mannequin after a customer complained that it was “ridiculously shaped”.
Laura Berry addressed the company directly on Facebook, accusing it of encouraging young women to aspire to a “cult image”.
- Saint Laurent Launches Couture Collection – By Invite Only
- Bag A Manolo! Mr Blahnik Designs First Ever Handbag Collection
Manolo Blahnik has announced his first ever line of bags, and we’re predicting a sell-out collection.
Manolo Blahnik’s stunning designs have become synonymous with luxury and fantasy – especially the swarovski-encrusted satin pumps that his bag line echoes in design.